Monthly Horoscopes for December 2014
- Aries21st of March to the 19th of April
- Taurus20th of April to the 20th of May
- Gemini21st of May to the 21st of June
- Cancer22nd of June to the 22nd of July
- Leo23rd of July to the 22nd of August
- Virgo23rd of August to the 22nd of September
- Libra23rd of September to the 23rd of October
- Scorpio24th of October to the 22nd of November
- SagittariusThe 23rd of November to the 21st of December
- CapricornThe 22nd of December to the 20th of January
- AquariusThe 21st of January to the 19th of February
- PiscesThe 20th of February to the 20th of March
Sun sign astrology forecasts are very general but they serve to give you an overview of the energies and how they may impact your sign of the zodiac.
When you have an personal astrological reading with an astrologer, you provide your date, place and time of birth and the astrologer will translate the pattern of the sun and planets at the time you were born.
But Sun sign astrology is different… The astrologer can only calculate the ‘house’ position of the sun and planets for a given month and then looks at how that might influence all the natives of your sign. There are 12 houses or sections(a kind of pie cut into 12 segments) in the zodiac and each of the 12 zodiac signs has rulership over one of the houses. When doing a Sun sign forecast I look at the house position of the Sun and planets for the month ahead, and deduct how their relative positions may be affecting all natives of your Sun sign.
When a planet changes houses it changes its way of manifesting itself. For instance, when Mercury (which rules thoughts and information exchange) moves to your house or money and property, thoughts, correspondence or discussions may be more around the material side of life, finances, property and possessions.
Bear in mind that the timings in the forecasts won’t be as precise as they would be using your natal chart. And the timings given, for when a planet changes house in your Solar chart, are only to be relied upon in relation to your Sun sign but not your Moon sign or Rising sign. This is because Sun sign astrology has to use a default house system which is similar to but not the same as, your individual natal chart.
Even though Sun sign astrology is nowhere near as detailed on in depth as natal chart astrology, as many of you will have discovered, it can be very helpful and sometimes uncannily accurate!
An intuitive or well thought out Sun sign forecast can be invaluable for getting the gist of what’s ahead and how to plan accordingly just as long as you do not rigidly stick to every word or take it too literally.